A friend who is a fan of the SiriusXM radio show, Doctor Radio, told me I’d be perfect for the show and I should contact them. So, I did.
They called back, interested in a program about my book, Mr. C Plays Hide & Seek. I was interviewed by cancer specialists Dr. Abraham Chachoua and Dr. Silvia Formenti. The program is two hours in length, My segment is the first half of the second hour. You can hear my segment on Sunday at 3PM EST, channel 81.
One of the hosts admitted she would NOT share a cancer diagnosis with her grown children for these reasons:
- She didn’t want to upset their regular routines
- They are very busy
- She didn’t want them to worry about her
I made these points about what happens if you don’t share a cancer diagnosis with children:
- You promote dishonesty and secrecy in the family
- You cause undue stress on yourself when you tell children you were shopping instead of getting treatment.
- You deny children the opportunity to learn and grow through coping with difficult situations.
- You may cause unabated anger in children if you die and have denied them the opportunity to have extra time to spend with you.
Please comment about what you would do. I’d love to start a dialogue!
Once again, You can hear my segment on Sunday September 23rd at 3PM EST, channel 81. If you want to listen online, go to www.siriusxm.com/doctorradio, click on ‘listen online’ and you are eligible for a free 30 day trial if you are not already a subscriber.